Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocorrect will not save in W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
AU
Since upgrading to Windows 2000, we've been experiencing a problem with Word 2000 Autocorrect. Word will remember new autocorrect entries only during that session -- as soon as the workstation is shut down, those entries are erased. Autotext entries are saved with no problems...

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Next question.. ;-)

Can I grant the user rights to the registry without making them a power user or an admin?

I found the culprit!

My users were switching language settings on me! The workstations default to Australian English -- but many documents they process were created in US English.

They've been setting up their autocorrect in a manner that associates it with the Australian setting. Then, they've been logging on in separate sessions to process US English documents -- and lo and behold, their autocorrect is missing! Only to reappear as soon as they change back to Aussie English...

;-)

I suppose it's always the obvious thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back