Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocorrect & Dictionary in Office 97/2000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDB

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
AU
Is it possible for multiple users to share the same dictionary and autocorrect contents?

If so, can the dictionary & autocorrect be available for all office programs?

Thanks

HDB

I'm not sure about the autocorrects but I dont think so unless you get someone to write a macro that copies Word Application's autocorrect entries between machines (which can be done by copying to a document and then using those entries to replace the existing ones). With regards to the dictionary they can't share the same one, but you can give a copy of one to all users. In Office 2000 (i'm not sure about other versions) copy the following from the machine whose dictionary you want to use and then paste into the corresponding folders of the other users:

"C:\Documents and Settings\(User/logon initials)\Application Data\Microsoft\Proof\CUSTOM.DIC"

Hope this helps...

Asjeff

Microsoft Support article Q207748 gives full details on how to move/copy AutoCorrect entries. Follow the steps and it orks just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back