Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autocadd arch desktop and laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

caddstudio

Technical User
Feb 17, 2002
US
Does anyone have some advise as to what type of laptop to purchase to run ADT 3.3 on? I like the Dell systems but don't know what to look for in computer requirements.

I would suggest a machine with decent processing power, and above average RAM. If you plan on utilizing 3D capabilities, I would recommend a very fast processor, as well as as much as possible.

How would I install autocadd 2000 on my new laptop, which has windows XP professional?

cadstudio, for adt 3.3, get a laptop (Dell, hp, Compaq...all good) with a p4 and at LEAST 256 ram. I find it just about works with that on a laptop, especially for big 3D jobs...the more ram the better...go for 512mb if you can.

...Adesigner, to install acad 2000 on your XP Laptop, run the setup from the CD, and install the product. You will probably need a patch for the C-Dilla licensing after you install it. Although, please note, autodesk do not support acad2000 on an XP platform. It's very finiky. Lots of errors. But it is still usable, Id recommending upgrading to 2004, doesnt cost much.

Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back