Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD Text Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrevait

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
CA
I've installed Windows XP on my computer and ever since my (multiline text editor) will not place my fractional units "horizontally stacked" when using DDEDIT to manually change dimension text. Does anyone have any idea why?

CATCH YA ON THE FLIP SIDE!!

Are you highlighting the fraction (such as "1/2"), right-clicking and choosing "stack", or how are you trying to do this?

Flores

Usually when I type in a fraction like 1/2 then add the (") it will stack itself. Now it doesn't and I can even use the stack button because it is not available when I highlight fractions or anytime. Sorry... I hope I've explained this well enough, if not let me know. thanks!

In A2K4 select your fraction that you want to stack. Once it is selected the stack button on the MText editor will allow you to select it. Choose stack on the MText editor. Right click on your text that is highlighted and select properties. This will allow you to choose a style of stacking, such as Horizontal, Diagonal.

I believe that this is what you are looking for.

Sorry, I only have AutoCAD 2000. Any ideas for this version cparnell? I've tried what you've mentioned above but was unsuccessfull. Thanks anyways though.

Jamie

Go to A2K and start your mtext editor. Create a fraction such as 5/16. Highlight the fraction and choose the stack button. While the fraction is still selected, right click and choose proprerties. This will give you the Stack Properties dialog box and will allow you to choose your style.

FYI if you will indicate your cad version this may help in getting an answer faster. I try to include it in the subject line when I post a question.

hi,
on a related note, how do you set the default for stacking fractions? Right now in Mtext if I put a " after a fractions it automatically stacks. Is there a way to set the default on way or the other?
I'm using 2002.
thanks,
sundemon

sorry cparnell,
i have autocad 2000 and none of what you've suggested above works. i've created a fraction, i highlighted it, but it does not let me hit the stack button. this is my main problem, also right clicking while the fraction is highlighted does not give me a property option either. thanks anyways though.

sundemon,
you are trying to get rid of what i want so i can not help you with what you are asking. i would love to know how to change this default in autocad 2000, if you have any luck please let me know.

Jamie

jrevait

When you create a fraction such as 1/2, and you highlight it, right click, do you get a properties option?

Try

To create stacked text

On the Draw menu, click Text Multiline Text.
Specify opposite corners of a bounding box to define the width of the multiline text object.
In the Multiline Text Editor, set text style and other multiline text properties as needed.
Enter the text you want to stack separated by one of the following characters:
Slash (/) stacks text vertically, separated by a horizontal line.
Pound sign (#) stacks text diagonally, separated by a diagonal line.
Carat (^) creates a tolerance stack, which is not separated by a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back