Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad LT 2007- How do i delete layers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjstout

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2006
US
Hi,

I'm able to delete layers in a dwg file by using the delete select funtion. I click an item on the layer I want to delete and the layer deletes. I get down to the 3 layers i want to print visible. When I print though or try to save the file all of the layers become visible again.

How do I delete layers?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi mjstout,

I'm not a big LT user but, if you type "layer" at the command line, that should bring up the layer dialog box where you can manage your layers.

HTH
Todd

Hi Todd,

When the dialog box opened I tried to delete some of the layers. I cannot delete any of them and I get a dialog box with the following contents.

The selected layer was not deleted.

The following layers cannot be deleted:
Layers 0 and Defpoints
The current layer
Xref-dependent layers
Layers containing objects

and then there is an ok button.

Is there something that I'm missing or could this be locked and not editable?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Nope. The layer you're trying to delete has some drawing entities on it. AutoCAD doesn't allow you to delete layers if it has any entities on the layer you're trying to delete. This includes blocks. If a block was defined using geometry on the layer you're trying to delete, AutoCAD won't allow to delete it until you have re-defined the offending block.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back