Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autocad lt 2000i fatal error: unhandled access violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcdavis

Technical User
Feb 19, 2003
CA
My client gets the following error when going to a print preview to his plotter: fatal error: unhandled access violation writing 0x3ff00114 exception at 332b1dddh

The error happens on more than one computer and is doesn't happen consistently. They are running Windows XP with Autocad LT 2000i and so far I've tried:

- increasing virtual memory
- disabling antivirus
- applied SP2 for Autocard
- all latest critical updates for xp have been applied

Any suggestions?

Make sure in the options dialog box under plotting, the check box "Use last successful plot settings" is NOT checked. 2000i had a problem with this setting causing intermintent crashing - I don't recall if service pack 2 resolved that issue or not. However, drawings opened and saved prior to you applying the service pack may require opening and then resaving with the new setting (you may find you have to recover the drawings).

HTH
Todd

I have the same problem, but not with plotting.
Autocad just shuts down on it's own giving me only :
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x3b5cf24 Exception at 654fbd27h
I installed SP2 and I'm running on windows XP pro.
It happens on different occasions, while setting up the OSNAP, getting DIST, just randomly while creating splines etc.

Any ideas so far ?!?, Autodesk is only telling I should update since Autocad 2000i is not compatible with XP.

Thanks in advance,

Bart

Hi Bart,

The bad news is Autodesk isn't lying, if you can't upgrade AutoCAD or downgrade your operating system, this is how this version of AutoCAD will function, I have yet to hear of anyone successfully running 2000/2000i on XP.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help than this-
Todd

The PC I am using at the moment has AutoCAD 2000 running on XPsp1. On the same machine I am also running r14!

I assume that you have tried to recover / audit the drawings and purged out all the accumulated rubbish.

Pete.

I get the same message. I'm using 2005 and I have XP. I find it happens when my units are in decimal. When I use decimal units for drawing in metric my file gets very large. I usually get that message when I start printing. I have about 20 tabs and towards the end it gives me that message and closes. But sometimes it just happens when I'm doing simple commands. We have yet to find a solution. Increasing memory helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back