Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD isn't working properly anymore! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcarthur

Technical User
Oct 2, 2000
AU
Poor performance with AutoCAD r14

I'm sure my ststem is fast enough and has enough RAM and a decent graphics card yet it halts the whole system when i enter in ma for match properties, it also happens if you accidently mistype a command, the delay is about 5 to 10 seconds each time and can become quite frustrating when under pressure. I desperatly need some help with why my system is doing this. Help would be much appreciated.

just so I can eliminate a possible cause for this....
what is the speed of your processor and how much RAM
have you in the PC, if you dont know you can find it
by right clicking on 'My Computer' on your desktop and
going to properties...you should see it all there in
the 'general' tab... have you any other programs
running when you are doing this...or is anything taking
up alot of CPU usage in the performance tab of the task
manager......
You mentioned it slows by typing 'ma' for match prop,
does it still slow when you use the button for it??????
Cant think of anything else at the moment, if you can
give some more info that would be great, like is ACAD
the only program that slows down??? and have you tried
deleting your .tmp and .dmp files???? Jay~

If its broken, just leave it and hope someone else fixes it!

~KeyTech

It's an Intel Celeron 400 with 128MB SDRAM and a 16MB Riva TNT on board graphics card. I don't think this should be a problem as we have a machine with exactly the same build, the only difference is that i have AutoCAD 2000(Land Development Desktop) on my machine as well as AutoCAD r14

The first time when AutoCAD r14 opens and you try a match properties command and button it seizes but after that it's ok but whenever I mistype a command it seizes for around 5-10 seconds every single time. AutoCAD is the only program that does this. It also seizes when you open up the AutoCAD program with a blank drawing. The weird thing is when i check system monitor the CPU usage goes to 100 percent used whenever this happens and it locks up (eg tried pressing caps lock and the light doesn't go on or off during the freeze. And i've already deleted .tmp and .dmp files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back