Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCad DX 2004 Power Dimensioning not showing up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel106

Technical User
Aug 1, 2005
US
I have a lone user that i have installed numerous time the AutoCad 2004 DX mechanical desktop software and each time i install it i never seem to get the annotted men uto appear or the power dimension to be active or appear. This user is the administrator of his PC. Wahts goping on?

Hi angel106,

I'm not a mechanical desktop user, but I have notices with ADT2004, that for some reason, for some users, the menus/profiles aren't being loaded. After a manual load of the menus, the problem was fixed, on a few other machines, the shortcut was missing the command line switches to invoke the profile containing the ADT menus, so you may check this as well.

HTH
Todd

Hi angel106,

In ADT's case, the shortcut itself was wrong, it should have read:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2004\acad.exe" /t "Architectural Building Model and View (Imperial - stb).dwt" /p "Architectural Desktop" /ld "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AecBase40.dbx"

Not that yours will read the same, but it should have something more than just the path to the exe file - I don't know what else it will load for MDT.

If you're talking about menus, type "menuload" at the command line, and look at the list of loaded menus - it should have something more than just ACAD in the list.

HTH
Todd

Well that was the problem for watever reason when i jsut the menus it only had the ACAD menu not the APP or AFLY i think that's what there called. However, if those menus dont appear how can i re-install tem without having to load the whole AutoCad Mechincal again? Is there jsut a file that i can re-install?

Hi angel106,

You'll just need to search the install CD for either APP.mnu, APP.mns, AFLY.mnu, AFLY.mns, once you find these files, just copy them to the appropriate directory.

HTH
Todd

When u install autodesk were are the APP.MNU, APP.MNS, AFLY.MNS i got one of our users tosearch his folders and nothing came up. But he does have these menus installed on his machine. However i want to know the directory path that these install in so that i can fix another users similar issue.

Hi angel106,

I'm sorry I don't know. They are typically installed in the ...\support directory, but not always. If you searched the machine for these, you may have the wrong names, try changing your search to search for *.MNC, *.MNS, and *.MNU. Your search should turn up at least an ACAD.mn-something. If you don't see any additional menu names, I suppose it could be compiled into a .dll, if that's the case, you'll need to start reading the acad.lsp and or acad.rx to try and find out what ARX routine, or LISP routine they are loading.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back