Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

autocad back-up files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbnak1

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
I am using a combination of AutoCAD 2002 and 14. I use 2002 for drawing and 14 for plotting purposes. I recently (about 10 mins. ago) tried to open up a drawing after creating a plotfile of another drawing, and I got an internal error and was not able to open the drawing file. However, I am able to still see the drawing in the preview window.

I know that in these instances that you would usually change the back-up file extension name from .bck to .dwg, and I did that but it still refuses to open the drawing file and it still had the same Internal error message.

Is there anybody out there that could please shed some light on this ASAP so I dont lose 3 hours of work. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks
Sbnak1

P.S. the Internal error message is :

INTERNAL ERROR: !R:\INCLUDE\dbqspace.n@284;eNolnputFiler

Thanks again
Sbnak1

FYI, the preview is just an image stored in the drawing and does not indicate drawing condition. You are going to need go through a recovery process. Open the drawing with FILE >> UTILITY >> RECOVER, if that fails, try inserting it into a blank drawing like a block, by either drag and drop or INSERT. You might try Design Center to pull it in also. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back