Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2006: Unable to load profile file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny125

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
I have a user that changed some of his settings and logged off of his Windows 2000 networked workstation for the weekend. On Monday morning when he logged in, this message greeted him:

AUTOCAD
Unable to load profile file. Some profile information saved
in last session may not be restored.

This message displays each time he opens Autocad. How do I
repair his profile to correct this error?

After some investigation, I found out that Autodesk creates several default profiles when installed. By editting the startup icon, you can choose which profile opens. All of the profiles for this user under his Win2k OS where corrupt. It was determined that the best and easiest way for me to correct this issue was to delete his Windows 2000 OS profile.

After he logged back into the workstation and created new OS profile, I re-mapped his network drives to find his drawings, and setup connection to plotter. When AutoCad opened, Error message did not reappear.

the profiles are files with ".arg" as extension.
you start AC with "...autocad.exe" "/p <path\profilename", last without the extension. Best way is, once you have a good configuration with "preferences/options", you "export" it, and have the startup argument reference that profile.
It won't get overwritten if things go wrong. If you put it on a networkdrive, all users can use it. Even if the user has made his own "internal profile", it will default to the startup profile, without losing the user profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back