Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 2006 Insreting Xref

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpetursson

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
US
I'm tring to insert an Xref in utoCAD 2006. some of them were drawn in millimeters, and some in Meters. I want the drawing I'm inserting them to be in meters.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have AutoCAD automatically scale the xrefs, as appropiate?

Kevin Petursson
--
"Everyone says quotable things everyday, but their not famous... so nobody cares."... Some Person

Update

Some more info. The drawings were created with older versions of AutoCDAD. When the drwaings were created, the insertion units were set to MM, but the drawings was drawing in Meters.
In previous versions AutoCAD ingored the insertion units for Xrefs. In 2006, it automatically scales the xref for you. I don't want it to do this.
Is there any way to turn off this autoscaling.

I do not have control over the xref files, and ths cannot change thier insertion units. The people who do have control are not using AutoCAD 2006, and thus have not encountered this problem, and they are unwilling to adjust their drawings for me.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Kevin Petursson
--
"Everyone says quotable things everyday, but their not famous... so nobody cares."... Some Person

you can scale each XREF by hand, they are treated as normal "inserts". the "autoscaling" will be set by a system-variable, look for it it in terms of "*AUTO*" or "*SCALE*" with command: SETVAR ? <searchterm>, don't forget the asteriks, these are 'wildcards'. You usually turn an option off with "OFF" or "0".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back