Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 2005 LT Slow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkinmoon

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
My new version of 2005 LT seems very slow to open, though I'm running on a P4 with 512 memory. Also, layers are twice as slow to open when in the program> Has anyone experienced similar and found out why? Prior to running this version, was running 2002 with no speed issues?

thanks,
Frank

I was previously on 2000 and upgraded to 2004,I noticed a difference to.Must be due to the extra little tweaks and features theyve added.2004 is hungrier on resources,so I guess 2005 will be a little hungrier stil.You could try freeing up some system resources via the MSCONFIG,disabling programs that are running in the background but arent actually required.The transparency feature for the tool palettes can also slow the program up a bit.Found this of the net it maybe of some help:
The layer command is slow and sheetsets and fields are unable to be created. The old LT versions were basically 3d disabled, now the drafting features are being removed/disabled as well. If your going to spend the money get autocad full or look for another product, we are very unhappy with this change, especially how it was not very well publicized and we didn't find out until we purchased enough for multiple offices and had it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back