Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoattendant won't follow schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLVtelephoneman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
I have a Partner Messaging system R7 set up with three autoattendants. Two of them are working OK but the first won't switch according to the schedule, as it is supposed to do and as it did do until I made a few modifications to the Partner ACS translation. It is set to switch by business schedule only, but always remains on the day schedule instead of switching to the night schedule at night. Any idea why uploading a revised ACS translation would have impacted the autoattendant? Do I need to do a cold restart on the whole system? Thanks!

I know this may seem silly, but have you checked to make sure they haven't accidentally recorded the day greeting under the night menu as well? I have had that happen more times than not when an issue like you are describing has come along.

Thanks for this suggestion but I don't think that this is the problem because the day and night schedules call for the autoattendant to answer after a different number of rings.

Hi OLVtelephoneman,
The switch sends the call to the attendant. Therefore the number of rings to answer is determined by the phone system, not the voicemail. Your attendant settings only determine when the greeting is changed from day to night and day again.
-Chris

This has been a very confusing issue for us in my office.

The ACS is set with a delayed ring on Line 1 so that the CID is relayed to the station (she hates to let the line ring more than once but then hates to not have the CID, this way she doesn't know that it rings twice before she hears it ring and she gets her CID[sneaky, huh? [noevil]]). The VMS delay Day is set to 6 and the VMS delay for night is set to 2.

Originally I had a PCCPVM V.2 and had to instruct my secretary on what the "Night Srvc" button did. In this instance it only changed the number of rings before the AA answered. There was no difference between the Day and Night Announcements.

The we upgraded to a PMVS 4.1. Here the number of rings was different AND the AA was different. She confused the heck out of callers because what she was doing with the PCPVM was turning on the Night Service at noon for her lunch hour so that the phone ringing would not disturb her lunch. But now with the PMVS 4.1, ringing is still set the same way, but the AA's for Night Service would tell people that they called after business hours. ARGH the things I have to do to trick people into doing the things they way I want them.

We are now using a PMVR1. Ringing patterns set the same. Night Service set the same in the ACS but the PVMR1 AA scheduler is set to ignore the button state. This way she still has control over whether or not her extension rings (over her lunch hour) but the correct annoucement is always played at the correct time.

FYI, I re-labeled the "Night Srvc" Button as "Away" so that when she is away from her desk the incoming caller only has to wait 2 rings and the AA answers versus having to wait 6 rings (4 of which would have been audible at a desk that no one is at.

Like I said, the things I have to do to get the humans to be nearly as compliant as the electronics! [bigsmile]

Now all I have to do is get to turn the away button on when she leaves her desk and turn the away button off when she returns. [I am thinking of hotwiring her desk chair [tongue]]

--Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back