Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto_close without saving (again) and prevent recalc

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolfie

Technical User
Mar 25, 2002
US
I've read through the threads and tried all the suggestions that I've found but nothing seems to be working for me.

I'm using Excel 2002 SP3 and here's the issues.

From Explorer, I need to batch print about a gazillion Excel spreadsheets.

1) When it's time to close the spreadsheets, it always stops and prompts to save the changes...and I need to exit without saving. I've tried to put an Auto_close in personal.xls with the code 'ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True" but to no avail.

2) Some of these were from older versions of excel so, when it comes time to exit, I get the message that Excel always recalculates from older versions.

Since I have a gazillion files to print, that's a lot of keyboard input or mouse clicks.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

J

How are you doing this from Explorer exactly?

Why aren't you doing this with an Excel VBA routine?

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

I'm doing a search for *.xl* files on a network server, highlighting all the files, right click and select print. It then prints to my default printer but asks to save the files.

I don't do this from a VBA routine because I'm not very good at VBA (obviously, eh?)

Jeff

So, are you searching the entire server, or a single folder?

Cheers, Glenn.

Did you hear about the literalist show-jumper? He broke his nose jumping against the clock.

Glenn,

Right now, a folder and subfolders. Later on, I'll probably be doing the same, and some specific folder.

I'll never be searching the entire server/share.

I appreciate your response. Have a good weekend.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back