Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-Update / Auto-Reboot for phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
All - I'm running CM 9.1

My 7970's are "spontaneously" rebooting around 5:15-5:30-ish. I suspect that something is set somewhere to auto-update / auto-reboot. I checked in bulk management > Job Scheduler, but didn't see anything that had a frequency of anything more than once.

Is there some place else that I should be looking for something like this? In case your wondering, the firmware load on our 7970's is: SCCP41.9-3-1SR4-1S

There is nothing in CUCM that Im aware of that will cause a phone to reboot on a schedule.

If it were me, Id be looking at the PoE switch as the source of the power outage to the phones.

Fair enough, but I don't see why it's just the 7970's that are affected. I would think the other phones would've been affected by a power blip too.

What do the phone logs say?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Forgive me - I'm a newbie to Cisco -

Are you referring to the CDR Analysis and Reporting Tool, or something else?

I meant actually clicking on the phone IP which will show different things on the phone. If you go to console logs, it will show everything the phone was doing. Might shed some light, might not.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

gnrslash4life: OK - I know what you mean.

This happened on the 15th or 16th of September, and all the log files have been over-written since then. I don't really see anything that jumps out at me right now. I'll watch for that in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back