Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Scrooling and Zooming Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

u104741

MIS
Aug 26, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I'm not sure how best to ask this question.. or even iif I am in the best place to ask but here goes...

I am trying to integrated into an asp.net web page a dynmically scrolling / zooming map. I'll try to explan what I mean...

esentially a user will be able to list of interesting products in this case wine for a particular country. On this page also displayed is a map of thew country. When the user selects a product i want a map thats visible on the same screen to smothly zoom into the region of the country where the wine is from. I would also like this map to have 'pin' points on it where if the user moves the mouse over them then information pops up. All somrthly without the whole page reloading.

I hope that makes some sense to someone. If anyoner has any advice as to how i can go about this (perhasps some useful links/ examples) with asp.net / AJAX or something I would be greatful. Id rather not use Adobe Flash.

Hope someone can help.
Cheers. jj

hi yea thanks for that. I did think of it but i need youse a specific image as my map, tht has its own unique informatio on it. any more ideas most welcome.

Oh, and if you want to do more than just add custom images for your markers, you can also check out GTileLayer and GTileLayerOverlay.

MCP, MCTS - .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

I'll check it.. thanks for te advice. there is obviously more to Google Maps than I thought.
cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back