Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridhirao22

Programmer
Aug 27, 2010
US
Using Oracle exadata. Crystal reports 2008 and Crystal enterprise XI

I have a report with about 6 paramters to be filter and out of these 6 parameter values 3 are optional( can be left blank). I need to auto schedule the report to run by country and write the file to excel format.

I am able to run the report by country (108) but it list everything one of the other. User is requesting them to be in a different file for each country.

Can anyone suggest a better way to do this? Instead of create 108 instance for each country as an input.

Thanks,
RR

Thank you Rtag,

I read that article and did quite know how I can use it my case. It was more of how to send email to dynamic recipients.

I have a single user and the report needs to be bursting for different country as a different file with the ability to schedule a single report instead of me create 108 (countries) instance for each country.

Thanks again anyways!

At least one of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports Schedulers listed at allows you to burst your report so that each Country becomes a separate Excel workbook named dynamically, and also placed in or emailed to a dynamic destination. It can also create a separate tab for each country inside a single Workbook.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

ridhirao22, some 3rd party viewers/schedulers (including our software) support bursting. However, BO provides this option too. You can use single pass or multi pass bursting.
As far as I understand your report has a parameter to select a country. You can either remove it, modify the report to have group by country and use single pass bursting or use the report without changes with multi pass bursting.

Viewer, scheduler and report manager for Crystal reports and SSRS.
Send your report everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back