Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto restart after power outage atx power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakone

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
Can someone tell me how I can set the Power to automatically restart after a power outage - as soon as the power is returned? This mother does not have the feature in bios, so looking for another solution thanks.

You might try googling that one.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Have you tried updating the bios ? I had an older bios for my ASUS A7N8X, and I updated it, and now I do have the "Auto power on after powere shortage" in BIOS.
You should try it.

now theres a great answer. You can even check the bios upgrades to see if that fix is included. But some dont list everything so a bios flash is a great idea. If you havent done bios flash, dont be worried, they are very easy and plenty of info and help at the mobo mfgr website and here.

yeah that was the first thing i tried, but no luck..

You upgraded the bios?

yeah, that was the first thing i thought about, but that option wasnt there.

I am thinking a circuit involving a diode and a capacitor might work. What is your electronics design background?

Not good, was looking for an easy fix. Guess I might be out of luck..

The other easy fix is to buy a UPS. Of course, if the outage is a long one you'll probably still be stuck. We have small UPS units on some of our desktops here, and the software indicates that we have about 40 minutes of battery life on them once the power goes. We get frequent flickers here lasting 3-4 seconds, so we haven't tried running for 40 minutes yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back