Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Response Message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadw

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
I am trying to setup Outlook to send an auto response message to incoming email from the exchange box. So my staff do not have to leave their outlook running. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Chad

Honestly, that is a bad move.
Spammers love that kind of thing, as every email they send, you confirm!
The good days where this was handy are over, sad to say, these days, you better reply as LESS as possible!

No NDR, NO autoreplies, NO Out of Offices...

To disable NDR and others to the internet:
System Manager - Internet Message Format - Default - properties -Advanced. Un-check all the Allow... fields.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

If you still decide that you want to do this, you simply use the Out of Office via each users Tools menu.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Thanks for the tip about the spammers. Yes, I can setup the Out of Office, but is there the server can help so that I don't have go to everyone's Outlook?

Chad

I'm sorry, you asked how to do it with Outlook, and that's how it's done.

Exchange does not provide a means to do what you want. You'd have to look for a third party solution.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

thanks, So it is not as simple as turning on a feature?

thanks for everyone's help. So you suggest not to try this because of spammers. Also, to get this to work do I have to make a "Header"?

Chad

one more question, Is there a good way to notify people that our email address to changing?

Chad

To notify people? Send them an email?
For those you cannot reach, you should keep the old domain for some time AND the addresses, just add the new one to everyone and make the new one the default they send with.

What do you mean with "do I have to make a header"?

Someone told me to send an auto reply I have to create a header.

But, I will take your advice and not give into the spammers pleasure.

Thanks for your help!!

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back