Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Resize of Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepple

Programmer
Apr 12, 2005
US
Hello everyone, I searched and searched for this but only found one similar topic that didn't really tell me what I need.

I have a bunch of pictures I am putting into a slide show but every image is being distorted and enlarged to the size of the screen.

I checked the lock aspect box but I do not want the images to change size at all, I would like them to remain in their original size.

Thank you very very much for your help, I have totally exhausted myself trying to figure this out.

Thanks,
Stephen

If you are using a version of Premiere before Pro, then Premiere will always resize all clips to fit the current project size, using the current option of 'maintain aspect ratio' to determine how to handle clips of different aspect ratio. If you want original size, you have to resize clips on the timeline using one of the available video effects.

Premiere Pro is very different. The default in PPro is to retain source image size and aspect, but there is an option to size to project when moving clips onto the timeline.

In fact the previous answer was correct but i dont know for what reason Akribie said it was impossible. You just left click on the timeline on the picture, choose video options->maintain aspect ratio. It will automatically resize the picture and make it in its origional ratios but the only problem is that adobe does it by adding sort of black frame to the sides, unless you have problems with those black things, you will be fine.
Good luck

My explanation of Maintain Aspect ratio was correct because it referred to what happens when you first place clips on the timeline. Your additional mention of the option to change the Maintain Aspect setting clip by clip on the timeline is also correct, with the caveat that you need to right click, not left click, to get at clip options on the timeline.

FWIW, the 'black' edges added to deal with aspect ratios that do not match the project can be re-coloured to suit using the clip options once maintain aspect ratio has been selected, or will become transparent if you put the adjusted on V2 or higher with Alpha transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back