Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto report printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is it possible to automatically print a report at a certain time evey day. Would it be possible to do this in a macro by running the report and in the expression having an SQL statement. If not what would the best approach be.
thanks

Make a hidden form with a timer Hope this helps if not let me know

Jn88
Jn88@att.net

John,

To auto print a report: My method is to create a macro that prints the report(s). Then using Windows Scheduler I set the item to run MS Access and in the parameters pass the database name and the name of the macro

i.e. "C:\dbname.mdb" /x"macroname"

This is enough for me to run scheduled reports at various times during the day. The macro could even have conditions as to what report runs at which time, I use code.

ITLee.

I want to try and keep it integrated into Access. If so How would I use the timer function in a form If I wanted the report to run at 7AM every day. The report name is
"Check Lot"
Thanks

Set the timer interval to 60000 and in the timer event check the time property if it is equal to 7 PM Hope this helps if not let me know

Jn88
Jn88@att.net

Hi JN88
I am new to using access in this way. Could you give me more guidance in how to do this. I have searched for a timer but I cannot find one.
I appreciate your help.
John Macleod

Send me your email address and I will sand you an example attachment Hope this helps if not let me know

Jn88
Jn88@att.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back