Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto reply server-side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarli

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
FR
Hi.

I need to reply automatically to all the mails sent to a particular user. I'm looking to a server-side only solution, but i can't find one. The only semi-working thing is the "away from work" thingy, which doesn't require an OutLook client to be open, but the problem is that it send my custom Mail once, and then not any more, and i need one reply-mail per mail received, if the sender send several mails. I found only an auto-reply script for the public folder in the Microsoft KB, that doesn't apply to a simple user.

It's urgent, so i would take any idea.

TY for answering :)

Xarli

just a thought ........

you could try creating a new public folder and temporarily give it the users' SMTP address while you want the auto-replies sent. You could then use the script you found for Public Folders.

Not sure if it would work, but maybe worth a try :) If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

D'oh. And I didn't even thought about it.

Ty.

Xarli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back