Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

helphelen

Technical User
Feb 25, 2010
CA
Hello!

I created a report of all our POs, organized by PO #. We create POs on a daily basis therefore the data is constantly changing. Am I able to set an automatic daily auto-refresh on my report? This would be a great help. Thanks!

You could set up your record selection formula to be:

{table.date} = currentdate

Or, if you want to look at yesterday's PO's, use:

{table.date} = currentdate-1

-LB

Thank you for responding. Will this automatically update the report daily or will I have to open it? I have people viewing my report on Crystal Viewer which has no refreshing capabilities, as you know. I would like them to view the latest version of the report without me having to open it.

I'm not familiar with viewers, but yes, someone would have to click on the refresh button. There could be a way to automate this, but I'm not the person who can answer how to do that.

-LB

The free viewer from Business Objects can't refresh the data. However, there are several 3rd-party Crystal report viewers listed at that have refresh capabilities.
That same site also lists several report schedulers that can automatically email the report each day (as pdf, excel, and much more).

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back