Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Refresh When Adding Tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggal

MIS
Nov 26, 2002
US
How do I get ArcServe 11.5 to auto refresh the tape inventory. It used to work with 11.1 but stopped after I upgraded to 11.5. Every day I have to manually inventory the tapes each time I add or remove a tape from the rotation.
Windows Server 2003 w/ Dell Power Vault 122T LTO-2. I have the latest hardware drivers and arcserve updates

try this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrighStor ARCserve Backup\Base\TapeEngine\CHANGER_CFG
Highlight CHANGER_CFG click Edit Add Value
Value Name: DoorShutInit
Data: 1

when Biggal says inventory does he me mount? Cause I'd really like arcserve to automount the tapes (which it did before) but for the life of me can't figure out how now.

I cannot drill down to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrighStor ARCserve Backup\Base\TapeEngine\CHANGER_CFG

I can only get as far as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrighStor ARCserve Backup\Base\TapeEngine

Under TapeEngine I have :
CONFIG
DEBUG
DEVICE 0 thru 5
FSD SETUP
GROUP0
OFFLINE DEVICES
RMSETUP

I did a search for Changer_CFG and it is not in my registry ...

BIGGAL

Biggal,

So just add it as a Key.

hemps37,

It is just a guess but perhaps Biggal is a gal i.e. woman and not a "he".

Sorry I didn't mean to guess Gender. Just a blanket statement that I didn't think about. My bad if I was wrong.

On topic.... When I right click edit I don't see an Add Value function I only see NEW - Key..String Value..Binary Value.... Dword Value.

I haven't played in the registry to often and don't want to crash the whole show doing something wrong.

Could you please clear this up for me.

THANKS

Instructions are old, written for rededt32. In current regedit it is Net, DWord Value for DoorSh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back