Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-redirecting a page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetter88

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
CA
hi...
I'm trying to setup a page that approves a user. The approval process may take up to a minute depending on scheduled tasks to retrieve the answer. So in the end I will like to see something similar to ticketmaster or expedia website "processing" page.

Once the user selects the "process" button, i would like a "processing" image to be displayed on the page and then re-direct itself after it receives the answer to a "Approved" or "Denied" page. All the calculating logic it done except for the "processing" page. I can't re-direct the page automatically.

Thanks in advance.

This is a site for technical issues regarding (generally) programming. I can't see any programming in your post - looks more like a user requirement. Have you tried hiring a programmer to fulfill your user requirement ? That might help.

Secondly, I'm thinking that you have Java and Javascript confused - a common mistake amongst non-programmers.

Perhaps you are in the wrong forum ? BTW, if you repost to another forum, you'll get a much more respectable response if you post some code, with a specifc code related problem, rather than a vague user requirement.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back