Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Provisioning of 1140E set

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve 75

Technical User
Jan 9, 2020
US
Currently we are using this in the DHCP server
Nortel-i2004-B,s1ip=(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;a1=1;r1=3;s2=(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx);p2=4100;a2=1;r2=5;xip=0.0.0.0;xp=5000;xa=t;memlocl=p;vq=y;vlanf=n;pc=y;pcs=a;pcd=a;dq=y;dv=n;cashedip=y;igarp=n;dim=y;bt=y;prov=[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx];

This scope is in the DHCP server an is working fine. What we want to do is also add the node and TN to further automate the system. We would like to add this information in a provisioning server (.prv). Since the above is in the DHCP Scope it is not practical to add the node and TNs in the above string as we have several thousand 1140E sets across 6 networked PBXs. From reading numerous different documents it appears as though the format for the node and TN is as follows:

REG= [MAC address], CS1K S1 [Node] [TN];

The question is does the .prv file need special formatting on the TFTP server. Can the the above just be listed in the format above or does there need to be something else added? The IP address of the provisioning server will also need to be added to the scope in the DHCP server. I have added this in the above scope in a proposed location at the end of the scope. Also doe the provisioning server need to be a TFTP server or can it be an FTP server?
Any one have any guidance on this?

I have copied a working .prv file below I hope this helps as far as the format goes. Also it does need to be a TFTP server not an FTP.

# Options

s1ip=192.168.30.17; # Primary server IP address
p1=4100; # Primary server port number
a1=1; # Primary server action code
r1=5; # Primary server retry count
lldp=y; # Enable 802.1ab (LLDP)
pcuntag=y; # Enable PC port tags stripping
menulock=p; # Menu partial lock mode
cachedip=y; # Enable cached IP

# Phones

reg=CCF954E08A69 CS1K S1 5881 252-0-00-00;
reg=CCF954E08A70 CS1K S1 5881 252-0-00-01;
reg=CCF954E08A71 CS1K S1 5881 252-0-00-02;
reg=CCF954E08A72 CS1K S1 5881 252-0-00-03;

Ok here is my question.
The # Options information is already being supplied by the DHCP server so I don't believe needs to be included. That leaves the # Phones entries that need to be entered on the TFTP server. My question is Can these just be listed as shown without any entry before them and is there a need for the .prv at the end. All of the documentation shows the entries as <DEVICE>.PRV, SYSTEM.PRV, etc or when you build the entries "reg=[MAC] CS1K S1 [Node] [TN];" does the 1140E just treat these entries as .prv files and when it matches its MAC to an entry it just downloads it?

When any 11xx series phone boots up if a provisioning server IP address i.e. tftp server is assigned the phone will reach out to that server for 2 files the 11xx.cfg and the system.prv files. If a provisioning server is not specified it will use the default files on the phone itself. Also that is correct it will read the PRV file and find its MAC address and assign the associated TN information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back