Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Parking Queued Calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

I have a client requesting an interesting call flow.

They would like their phones to ring a couple times, and then if not answered the caller will hear a standard Queue message such as "We are currently assisting other callers at this time, please hold the line and your call will be answered in the order it was received"

Once the above message is played, they would like the call parked in the order they are received and the caller to hear their hold music.

ACSS

What version are we working with here? Why not just programmed a Still Queued that says that message and then remains in a loop? you can also program EWT or position (I prefer position) as the EWT polls from the last few number of calls average and can sometimes not be accurate. Position would say you are caller number "1" or "2" or whatever which would be accurate.

If It's Not Broken...Don't Fix It!

Stephen Webb
Norstar, BCM and IP Office Engineer

JustAGlitch: R11.0

If a call in not answered in the first few rings they want the caller automatically put on park and the caller to hear their hold music. They are adamant that the phones do not ring anymore after the first few rings. They would then like the ability to pick up the parked calls, in the order they called once they are free to take the call.

ACSS

But what I have described would do that exactly. they would not hear anymore ringing until the next person becomes available and would hear music. I do not believe the auto parking can happen but the still queued would do exactly what you are asking for.

If It's Not Broken...Don't Fix It!

Stephen Webb
Norstar, BCM and IP Office Engineer

JustAGlitch: I guess I am a bit confused. I set up a queue with 2 phones. Called the queue 3 times (Answered the first two calls on the two phones in the queue) - called a 3rd time and both phones were ringing on the 2nd call appearance.

I think you may be referencing what the caller hears - I am talking about what the business hears.

What I did was just give the phone 2 call appearances and Reserved the last Call Appearance for Outbound. That way if everyone is on a call internally and another call comes into the Queue - the caller hears the queue until someone becomes avail then the call rings in.

ACSS

dsm600rr: is this a customer that maybe used to have a Merlin or Partner that had ASA (Automatic System Answer)? This feature answered the call after a certain number of rings, played a message to the caller ("Please hold on, we're super busy right now"), and placed the line on hold. The ringing stopped as soon as the line went on hold, and anyone could pick up the holding call when they were ready to deal with it.

Try this:
Incoming call targets HG 200-Main (Collective Call Waiting, no queuing, extensions that should ring are members). Turn on Announcements, 25 seconds before 1st, MOH, 2nd Announcement if you want with 30 second interval. Overflow after 25 seconds to HG 300-Main OF

HG 300-Main OF is entered as the Overflow destination for HG 200-Main multiple times so the call stays in HG 300-Main OF. Main OF has a single line station as its only member, we're going to burn one of the analogue station ports on a Combo card. Let's say Ext. 207

The phones have a User button for the single line station in HG 300-Main OF. The label for the button is "Pick Up Waiting Call" or something like that.

Call comes into HG 200-Main, rings the phones, overflows to HG 300-Main OF. The phones stop ringing, the User button for 207 starts blinking. When they are ready to answer they just press the "Pick Up Waiting Call" button. If more than 1 call is in the group, the button still flashes after grabbing the oldest call ringing in the overflow group.

Use a Time Profile on HG 200-Main with s Night Service destination of another hunt group. Set the OOS destination to this other group as well. Put a button somewhere for Set HG OOD 200-Main and label it ASA Off.

TouchToneTommy: I did find out their old PBX was a Partner system.

I will give that a go if the solution I came up with is not favorable. I defiantly appreciate the detailed explanation on how to get this to work as I am not familiar with the partner system at all and was a bit confused on what the heck they were requesting.

"The phones have a User button for the single line station in HG 300-Main OF" How would this button be programmed?

"Use a Time Profile on HG 200-Main with s Night Service destination of another hunt group. Set the OOS destination to this other group as well. Put a button somewhere for Set HG OOD 200-Main and label it ASA Off." - Can you elaborate on this a bit more and its purpose? When you say "OOD" did you mean "OOS"?

Star for you.

ACSS

"The phones have a User button for the single line station in HG 300-Main OF" How would this button be programmed?
Exactly that. A User button, with the Action Data the single line extension that has been placed in HG 300-Main OF

"Use a Time Profile on HG 200-Main with s Night Service destination of another hunt group. Set the OOS destination to this other group as well. Put a button somewhere for Set HG OOD 200-Main and label it ASA Off." - Can you elaborate on this a bit more and its purpose? When you say "OOD" did you mean "OOS"?
Yes, long day. OOS for Out of Service.
The OPEN time profile turns ASA on during business hours, and off after hours.
The Set Hunt Group OOS button is so you can force the system into the "Night Mode" for an extended period of time, if case you don't want ASA to answer while you're open, or on the night before a holiday when closing the business.

200-Main_d6yg5h.jpg

300-MainOF_cv9ugw.jpg

201-User_tf3sn7.jpg

TouchToneTommy: Much appreciated - this is working almost perfectly. One issue I found is the call will ring back to the phones after a few minutes. Is there a way to disable this ringback?

Guessing it would be either the: Hold Timeout (secs) or Park Timeout (secs) however is the call really being held or parked? I would assume its ringing the analog phantom extension the entire time.

ACSS

I read through most of this thread and I am confused after post number 2 that this was not suggested.

If you ring a group (queuing enabled, announcements on)
then the call will ring on 1 or more phones depending on the ring mode, then the caller hear the announcement that the call is important.....
then put into MoH while any available phone is still ringing, again depending on ring mode maybe all of them.

When a person is available to pick up the call (or receive the call when they hang up with the last caller) the person's call is answered. They are in order whenever they started ringing.

All you have to do is uncheck the repeat option in Announcements if you only want a 1 time announcement.

That way you don't have to try and recreate something that the system already does a lot better than having to watch a park button.

If you then have other people that want to help out on the calls give them a Group button and it will flash when there are calls in the queue.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

TouchToneTommy: Ran into a few issues with this solution, perhaps you have some insight.

- The first one is the call ringing back after about two minutes of being in the "PU Holding Call" button.

- The second one is, the first two calls behave as they should. Call comes in, rings a few times and then puts the call on the "PU Holding Call" button. Any additional calls in ring the entire time and do not stop until answered. When I call the analog extension, the 3rd call does not go through even though I have 10 call appearances. I am assuming this is why it is not working. When testing with a random digital phone, everything works with more than two calls. Thoughts?

ACSS

IT's been a long time since I staged this for a customer. The Hold Timeout and Park Timeout shouldn't be coming into play here. Perhaps turn Queuing on for Main and Main OF groups. Make sure Main OF is in the Overflow list enough times that the call stays there and doesn't cycle back to the Main group.

TouchToneTommy: Is there a way to have the phantom analog extension accept more than two calls? I would rather not have to burn up a digital/IP phone to get this to work with more than 2 active calls. I also noticed the limit for this to work on a digital phone (9508) was 8 active calls.

ACSS

For the love of <insert Deity> WHY?
if call queing is enabled calls ghet presented to the agents in order- that is its whole reason for existance.
what possible fit of instanity would cause someone to try to re-invent this particualr wheel (making it square in teh process)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IPGuru: But the customer is always right!

They are looking for a similar Automatic System Answer function they had on their old partner system.

They state that their phones are always ringing bla bla bla

What I will probably push is giving them only two call appearances - with the last appearance reserved for outbound calls only. Set the wrap up time to 30 seconds or so that way they have time to do whatever they need to do and then boom them next queued call comes in. I will put an Away button (DND) on their phone that way if they need to get up and fix their makeup - the phone wont ring any annoy everyone.

ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back