Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Outdialing from Corp Ofc to Branc Ofc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker001

Technical User
Oct 17, 2006
US
Our Corporate office has a Prologix G3CSI. All of a sudden today, our branch office in FL has been receiving repeated calls from our Corporate office. We know this because on our 6400D+ phones, the caller ID shows the Corporate office's main number at the top (as the one calling in), and our main number at the bottom (as the number being called). For instance, if the corporate office # is 203-555-1234 and our number here is 813-555-5678, we see the following on our screen:
203-555-1234
813-555-5678
The calls come through every 10 minutes or so. When we answer the phone, there is total silence.

It's almost as if there is some odd automatic outdialing going on. The only person in the Corporate office who has access to the PBX said the only change she made was adding a name to an existing station, and that she made some minor change to something in the Intuity Audix voicemail system. Apart from that, she hadn't changed anything.

She called our maintenance provider, and they said this was not a PBX issue, they felt certain it was something with the LEC or the network provider.

Any ideas what this could possibly be?? I am stumped! Thanks in advance.

Someone may have "Outcalling Notification" set on their Intuity Audix mailbox, and may have entered the main number instead of the number they wanted to be reached on. With Outcalling set, it rings out to a phone, pager, etc... (every x minutes) to notify the person they have a voicemail message.

If this is the case, and you have a large number of mailboxes it could be tough to find. May have to get Avaya involved~

As a joke, we did this to one of our co-workers years ago, and it took him months to figure it out...

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have gone into our Audix system and looked subscriber by subscriber - on Pg 2 of the disp sub xxxx view - and all show Outcalling = n

I also checked the COS for all subs, and the 3 different COS' that we use all show Outcalling = n

If I bring up disp sys outcalling, the top of the screen shows Outcalling Active? n The outcalling options were from 00:00 to 23:59 at 15 minute intervals. So even though nobody seems to have it activated, I set it for 00:00 to 06:00 just to see if it would stop now. We'll see if that does the trick.

Is there anywhere else in Audix where Outcalling could possibly be activated, and where I can see it as an Administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back