Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Media Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDugsBaws

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
EU
I have a number of EDLs attached to NetWorker which do no have Auto Media Management enabled.

Any other environment I've worked on has had it enabled, could there possibly be a reason for this? Someone mentioned once to me that the EDL's data could be wiped in a certain version. Is this possible/feasible?

Hi,
Auto media management handles labeling of tapes whenever requested automatically. In case you do not have auto media management enabled you may have to continuously monitor NMC for media alerts. A tape on EDL/Physical Jb is only relabeled/deleted in case it is recyclable. So incase you have have the retentions set correctly you have nothing to worry about your data and enabling Auto media management is advisable.

HTH,
Rovin D'Souza.
rovinabi@gmail.com

Ok thanks for that.

Finally, is there any issues with enabling this now?

No.. In our environment.. We have Auto Media Management enabled on all our NetWorker Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back