Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto invoice numbering that can be reprinted

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltechy

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I am in the process of creating a database where I will be printing invoices. There will be times when I will need to reprint an invoice with the original invoice number. Using autonumber will not allow me to do this. How can I accomplish this?

liltechy

Are you going to know the Invoice #'s when printing a report or will you be searching for them by a customer #??

If I have to reprint the invoice I want to be able to click on a command button and type in that invoice number and do whatever editing I need to do and then reprint.

liltechy

Ok...what you can do is create a query with all the information thats going to be on the report.

Then when you have the query in design view. In the "CRITERIA" section for your INVOICE # put in the following .... [Invoice #]

That will allow you to enter the Invoice # you want to print.

That works, but I was told that autonumbering is not good to use on a multi user database. How do I print my invoices that would generate an automatic number that starts with prefix "DL", example: DL00035? Please help.

liltechy

I have never seen a way where you can have a prefix and then have it generate an automatic #. You would have to imput the invoice #'s yourself but in the Input Mask you can add this "DL"0000;; and that will allow you to have the DL infront of your invoices. The zeros after the DL are used for how many #'s you want after the DL. You can also change the "field size" in the properties to ensure no one adds any extra #'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back