Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto inserting/importing images

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherphas

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
CA
I'm working on a database or an Art Bank. Every record contains info of a certain work of art. Every work of art has an "accession number" field. Now I have an image for every work of art, and they are named by its accession number...ex: The picture for the work 1968-12 will be named 1968-12.jpg . I'm trying to find a way so the pictures would load automatically. How do I import images via reference paths? The images are all in the same folder and are all jpgs. I was thinking a calculated result in the auto-enter option, like - accession number &".jpg", but it doesn't work. Can someone help me?
Joël

You would probably need the path to the image as well.
i.e. if your database is in the same folder, you could just use artwork.jpg, but if the images are in a subfolder you would need that name as well. i.e. artwork/artwork.jpg.

might be worth a try.

Also I think the image to display needs to be in a container type field.

Do you mean I should write "artwork/artwork.jpg" in the auto-enter calculated results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back