Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Forwarding from Notes to ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptumator

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
US
I am trying to learn more about Notes (without much luck) but can't seem to find a solution to what I want to do. I need to be able to have email to a particular address automatically forwarded (without attachments) to an alternate address (for a wireless PDA). I would need to have the original email and attachments remain on the server for review when the person is in the office. Is this possible? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

You can create an agent that starts after new mail has arrived that sends the required mail to an additional reciepient.

Thanks for the input. I created an agent I thought would do that, but I just get a message that says I don't have the authority to run it and our "experts" in the main office say they don't know what I'm talking about when I say "agent". I guess I will need to get a bit more educated so I can lead them to the trough. Thanks again.

You must setup an agent on the server to do this. Someone recently done it in our company and brought the Server down cause she had set up the same thing at the target address! It created a ping-ping effect and the mails/notifications bounced back & forth until it crashed two of our mail servers & and killed our mimesweeper!!! So it can be done - but for god's sake be very careful!!!
Regards
Gilly.

Thanks for the advice. Believe me, our resident "experts" don't need any more help in wrecking anything!

See this thread on Notes.net for the solution. This is a Lotusscript agent that needs to run on the server.

For your server administrators, have them check out this link to the Administrator Help database on how to configure agent access for users.

Andrew G. Hargreave, III SANS GSEC
(email) agh3@agh3.com
(web)

Not sure if your request was answered, if not inform your admins (Notes) to go to the server connection document and ensure that you or whoever has rights to run Lotus SCRIPT agents, if not then no one will be able to run agents.

Hiya,

I have dealt with forwarding by changing the internet address in the person document to the forwarded one. or....Also created a mail-in database using the persons mail file but giving them the forwarding address as the internet email address.

cheers, T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back