Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-Fill Text Boxes in A Form From a Table 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchboxkid

Technical User
May 14, 2001
US
Hello,
I'm new to the forum so any help is already appreciated!! I have a form that has three seperate text boxes (Item No., Catalog No., Description). I also have an inventory table with all the data for the form to pull necessary data from. My question is when I type in the item number in the first text box is it possible for the catalog number and description text boxes to auto-populate with the information that is associated with that item number from the table? Thanks again for any assistance!!

Hi - I have a similar problem. I have a database with a lot of information, which includes almost 100,000 people. This database gets updated nightly. Now, I need to create a separate database for our customer service dept when one of these people calls in.

I would like a form where, once the Social Security Number is plugged in, all of the person's information automatically populates most of the fields.

I've linked the info table to the new database but am frustratingly unable to get the fields to populate.

I know there must be an easy solution I am missing. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Ellen

Ellen,

I am in a class right now. Email me your situation at the email address below and I can send you an example of such. Let me know if it is in A2K or A97.

prodevmg@yahoo.com
ProDev, MS Access Applications B-)
May God bless you in the year 2002.

II want to populate a MS Access form with data from a query, by pushing a command button. Right I can get to the information by using the scroll button, but there is many other records to go through that’s don't need to be viewed. Plus I want to disable this scroll button. Just want the data to come up fast. Is there a way to complete this task?

Thanks,

Frederick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back