Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Field Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmorales

Instructor
Oct 18, 2002
US
I'm working on a MS Access database. I need to know how to create a field that outputs a result based on criteria from another field.
Basically I have a field where a grade score will be entered. Based on this value, I want another field to display "Pass" or "Fail".
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Something like....
If me.grade >= 75 Then
me.result = "Pass"
Else
me.result = "Fail"
End If

Randy

Thanks Randy,

I understand the concept of the if statement, however, need to know how to actually create this field. Is this a calculated field. I've attempted to create one to no avail. thanks again.

This is output. The field is all ready in your database as a grade score (numerical). There is no reason to also store the "pass/fail" information as it can always be obtained from the numerical data.

I assumed you were looking for a method to indicate "Pass or Fail" on a form or report based on the numerical grade.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back