Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Expand ComboBox Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvwildfire

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
US
Hi List.

I am having a proplem with one of my forms! I have a combo box that is set to "limit to list" = true and "auto expand" = true in the properties control but when a user starts typing in the combo box nothing happens (i.e. it doesn't auto expand, but it will give you a not in list error)? The row source type is set to table/query and the row source is set to a specific query (I've also tried typeing an sql statement in the row source). The query is a 2 column query, I've got number of columns set to 2 and column widths set to 0";2". For the life of me I cannot figure out why it doesn't work. I have other databases that it works just fine with this same settings. I do have some vba set to run afterupdate for the combo box, but I've commented it and even deleted the afterupdate procedure with no success.

I am half tempted to start over with a fresh database and rewrite all the code. I hope someone out there has had the same problem. Thanks in advance.

kgk
krauter@unr.edu

when you hit the dropdown arrow do you see the lise of values?

Yep, everything shows up just like it is suppose to. It just doesn't auto expand.

kgk

the bound column is the first column (column(0)) which is an id field, the second column(column(1)) contains names.

kgk

the bound column is 1. my last post was a little ambiguous.

kgk

this may help, I just added another combo box on the form had it run the same query and the same properties and it works fine. I think there is something weird going on with access 2002. I am just going to add new combo boxes to all the forms that are having problems.

kgk

I'm having the same problem you were describing. On my machine everthing works fine. Unfortunately on the persons PC next to me it fails.

If I type in a value in the comboBox it doesn't work.
If I select a value from the comboBoxes dropdown list it works.

Strangely, Yesterday @ 5:00 everthing worked, this morning it didn't.

I work for a software company that uses Access and VB with SQL Server. I'm thinking perhaps some references could be messed-up from existing control libraries.

I tried placing a new combo box on the form and it still didn't work.

Did you ever figure out a cause or did it just work when you added a new ctrl?

ncslogo_small.gif

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back