Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto E-Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,

Can anyone help me on the following.

I would like to know if there is a VB Macro that would enable me to schedule a report on BCA, then, when the report has refreshed, BCA would email it out via Lotus Notes

BCA runs on Windows NT, and Business Objects is version 5.1

IF anyone can help it would be much appreciated

I have built a VBA routine that uses the jmail freeware dll to mail report via our SMTP mail gateway. It works very well. We looked originally at using a MAPI compliant method, but found that jmail was much easier to implement. If you have an API to lotus notes (and I seem to remember there are some), then you can do the same thing. However, if your company/site has the ability to SMTP, I'd go the jmail route. Jmail dll can be found at:
Cheers,
Rob.

I have built a VBA routine that uses the jmail freeware dll to mail report via our SMTP mail gateway. It works very well. We looked originally at using a MAPI compliant method, but found that jmail was much easier to implement. If you have an API to lotus notes (and I seem to remember there are some), then you can do the same thing. However, if your company/site has the ability to SMTP, I'd go the jmail route. Jmail dll can be found at: tech.dimac.net

Cheers,
Rob.

I have built a VBA routine that uses the jmail freeware dll to mail report via our SMTP mail gateway. It works very well. We looked originally at using a MAPI compliant method, but found that jmail was much easier to implement. If you have an API to lotus notes (and I seem to remember there are some), then you can do the same thing. However, if your company/site has the ability to SMTP, I'd go the jmail route. Jmail dll can be found at: tech.dimac.net

Cheers,
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back