Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Dial on Pick up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikk67

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
CA
Darn...I use to know this but forgot and cannot find it in the Manual...

I need to setup a reception phone to dial out automatically on pick up. I'm using a 7208 or 7310 handset.

TIA

P'

Under Capabilities Hot line Extenal enter # set up a line or route to dail out on.

To dial out to one particular number? or to access external dialtone when you go "offhook"?

PS

Excellent...thanks! Now one more quesiton. :)

I would like to restrict this phone to only dialing internally. Problem is...when I take it out of the LinePool, it will not dial our internal 4 digit extensions anymore. Because I had to bastardize our switch to work behind an Asterisk PBX...we have to dail 8 then the extension for internal calls and 9 then the number for external. By removing LienPool access...I effectively remove the abiltity to call at all. :( Is there a way for me to deny 9 and leave it open to 8?

Thanks again!

P

shipwright....

thnx for the reply but yes it was for an internal dial. It would call our reception desk upstairs automatically on pick up. It works fine now except....see my next post. :)

In the restriction tables set up a filter to restict 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 but program an override for the digit 8 plus your first digit of your extension range or "8 any" then assign this filter to your extension that needs the restriction.

shipwright

Thanks for the tip. I did try this before I think and I screwed something up cuz I belive it messed up more then just that one set. Do I set the Restrn from Terminals and Sets based on the extension? Then where do I add the override? I'm a still a little confused on the process and want to get it right this time.

Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated.

P'

shipwright...

I figured it out using your suggested restrn filters. I had to add an override for the digit 5 as well (our extensions begin with 85) but it's working like a champ!!

A HUGE THANKS!!

Pikk

After re reading a post on your set up i didn't think it was going to work ,but it seems the strange set up you have overrides common sense LOL.

shipwright...

LOL! Yes, it's pretty strange indeed cuz I could not for the life of me make it work right away by just using the filter and O.R. for 8.

Oh well...it's one for the I.T. annals. :)

Cheers!

The restricted number starts after the access code. So if want to be able to dial 85 then you are correct with the override of 5.

hawks...

Ok, now it makes sense. Didn't even think of that.

Thanks! :)

P'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back