Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto created printers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertedmed

Technical User
May 23, 2005
US
Hi,we had win 2000 server now went to win 2008 server.Question is i could see all auto created printers from all RDP connections but now with server 2008 i only see the local printers on the new server.I need to see all the REDIRECTED printers just as i did before.. Reason is a person can print to any printer at any office. now they can't..

Need Help.....THANKS Robert

Hi,

On the client, ensure that in the RDP client before connecting, you click on the Options button, then click the Local Resources tab and ensure that Local devices and resources, the Printers box is checked.

And on the Terminal server, go to Terminal Services Configuration / Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. Right click on the RDP connection and Properties - go to the client settings tab and ensure that Printers are enabled.

Any changes on the server will require the client to log off & log back on again to see new changes.

A nice thing about Win2k8 Terminal services is the universal print drivers which no longer requires you to install print drivers on the terminal server any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back