Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-created printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimthecanadian

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
CA
We are running Citrix XP SP/FR 3 on win 2k. about 10% of the users have all of their printers created when they log on and none of them have the "auto Created client printer" description. I have checkaed all the setting and made sure that by default only the default printer is supposed to be created but it is happening anyway. Doen anyone have any suggestions?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I posted to an Aug 26 post in FreeBSD asking you a question. can you check it out? I will try and help you here. I'll bet you are on a Small Business Server Domain? I have lots of trouble in that environment, Policies just don't want to work! So here is what I do: MOST important, I make sure that any local users have seperate TS Profiles, this is mucho importanto. Then of course I disable printer autocreation in Citrix, BUT it still does what you say is happening to you so what I have to do after that for those users is create a Citrix Client profile for ICA client that specifically turns of printer auto creation. Fortunately for me I have on 15 users.

Ikester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back