Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto correct in 4.6 travel mode does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteH2

MIS
Feb 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

We've got 100 or so laptops with Notes on ranging from 463a to 466c. I've only recently been involved in defining the builds, but this seems to be a recurring problem that no-one knows the fix to.

All Laptops have identical builds, the local address books, user prefernces and notes.ini are the same. But, when in travel mode and a new mail is created, some laptops will autocomplete the address by looking in the global address book, others just ignore it.

What is the setting that enables the autocomplete ?

Thanks in advance

PeteH

Three things:
1) Make sure you've got a replica of the Global address book stored locally. If you've used the default name for your personal NAB, then make sure you use some other name for the global NAB replica (GLBNAMES.NSF, for example)
2) Under "File, Tools, User Prefs, Mail", add GLBNAMES.NSF to the "Local Address Books" field. Use a comma to seperate multiple entries.
3) In the Travel location document, set "Recipient Name Type-Ahead" to Personal Address Book Only (since the PAB now had a local replica, its considered "personal"). If you leave this at "Personal then Public" you'll get prompted to connect to the server every time (it wants to look at the Master copy on the home server).

Save all the settings, then exit and restart Notes.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but I've done all those things already. In fact I've now put two laptops side by side: one working, one not and made sure that they were identical (notes wise) and it still fails >:-(

I'm going to get to bottom of this, it's got to the stage where it's getting personal!

PeteH2 ;-)

OK, here's a long-shot. I've had situations with Notes in the past (usually with the Connection documents) where I *knew* I had everything set correctly, but a function still didn't work. In those cases, I've often fixed the problem by deleteing the troublesome document, restarting Notes, then recreating the document from scratch. In this case, it would be the Location document. Its worth a try, at least.

Another thought just occurred to me... is the problem just with the Global address book or with all address lookups? Can you look up an address stored in the personal address book or does that fail, too?

All other aspects of the installation work fine. I will try this and let you know the outcome

Thanks

PeteH2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back