Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendent call Routing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comput3rGuy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2012
US
For the summer in the auto attendent all calls are programmed to go to the "General Mailbox" (extension 9991). When I call into the system like a parent would to leave a message I hear the correct Auto Attendant message but it says the mail box is full and I cannot leave a message. However, I heard the proper auto attendent message, but the wrong general mailbox message. However, when I call in to check the "General Mailbox" it says there are no new messages and the Red Light is off. Next, when you call in the message that you hear after the main message, the one that was recorded by the secretary is not the one that I hear....So, I need to figure out where these messgaes are. Also, for the summer the phones stay in "Night Service" as there is not a summer secretary at this school. I have double checked and the "Dial Zero/Timeout" action is set to "Leave a Message in the General Mailbox". Lots of rambling here I know...just wnat to ensure you have all the information.

You didn't say if this is an OLD Merlin Mail or a 007-MLM.

If it's an older unit, does it still have a dial up modem?

If it's an MLM-007, then I would dial into the 7th Port (Its modem) and print the Config. Then, all will be revealed. Otherwise, you're just going to have to listen to how it's programmed, and see where the problem is. It could be that the General Mailbox has been changed to something other than 9991, or that you are dealing with an Auto Attendant other than AA1.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

It is a merlain Magix and it the one that you dial 0 to get into the admin area for programming and set up, verses extension 9997.

Are you sure you are programming the correct AA or mode and the zero time out is going to the general mailbox and not the call answer operator.

Yes....But, Lets say that calls are routing to the call service operator...where would those messages be located.

If you have a mailbox for the extension that IS the operator extension (normally that's a NO NO!), they may be there.

You said in your message you hear the correct AA message, but wrong "General MB".

Log in as admin, goto 3, autoattendants, and LISTEN to what the Dial Codes are for each (DAY and Night)
Is the Schedule set to follow the PBX or business Schedule? .. Review that
Your callers may be hearing DAY mode, when you want them to hear Night mode..

If your recording tells em to push a numbers, then that selector code is where it's going...
If users are not pressing anything, then review the
DIAL ZERO and TIMEOUT action .. either way, your answer is right there in AutoAttendant programming..

To get your GENERAL MAILBOX message back on, set "General Mailbox" in Dial Zero and Timout, in both modes,
if necessary- DAY and NIGHT.

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

The call answer operator is adjustable. Login and see what it is setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back