Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

richfriend

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
We have a Prtner II 3.1 system with a stand alone Partner Mail System. The auto attendant is on with a direct extension transfer message. When the caller transfers to an extension the extension rings but the caller hears silence. If the extension does not have do not disturb turned on the silence lasts 20 seconds or so before they are directed to the voice mail. Is there some way to have the caller hear rings or music on hold during that time?

thanks in advance
rfriend

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Rather than screaming in terror, like his passengers.

thanks for the quick reply....the music on hold wasn't playing. Is there some way to check the music on hold without dialing in and being placed on hold?

Feature 00, Left Intercom, Left Intercom, #602, make sure it is Active (which is default) if it isn't press 1 to activate it. Feature 00 to end.

You can also press Feature 19 to turn background music on and off at any set to see if you hear background music.

If you are not getting music and your settings are correct you make have a bad RCA connector that is not going in far enough at the Processor. or you music on hold has gone out.

A trusted source for years.

Thanks again...F19 does not seem to work on my system.

MLS-12D phones
tried to assign to button but programming would not work either..just says error

[feature][0][0] [programmable button] [feature][1][9]
gives error (System phone)

rfriend

If you just press feature 19 you should be able to hear music if the source is working, you can't do it on a MLC-6 set but your MLS-12's should work. If I remember right you may have to go into Central Tel Programming to set a BGM button on the system you have.

Feature 19 does not seem to do anything on my phones.

If your program #602 is set to active you either have a bad connection from your music source to the system or you have a problem in the processor with the music on hold.

Your 3.1 processor is older than the Background Music feature. So yes, you need to call from one line to another to listen for MOH. I usually put the line that I'm calling from on Exclusive Hold (Feature 02), and then answer the ringing line. That way, no one will try to "answer" the blinking line and mess me up while testing.

Make sure that the volume is up on the music source. If the source has a stereo headset output and you're using a mononural connector, it will not connect properly. Use a 1/8" stereo to dual RCA patch cord instead.

Check the volume control by the MOH connector, clockwise is louder.

After that, you may have a faulty MOH connector on the processor, the solder joints on the motherboard may have cracked.

Got the MOH working fine, It was a problem with the source. I have a computer logging calls and running MP3 files. As long as it is working on incomming calls I dont really care about the background music function, however it does not seem to be supported.

thanks again

richfriend

Telprog, My bad, 3.1 DOES support BGM. Thanks for keeping me on track!

Richfriend, glad you got the MOH solved!

Tommy,
No problem, I thought maybe I was thinking of the wrong release so I got out the manuals. I know you are usualy right on the money with the Partner systems. Just wanted to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back