Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haltaha

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2014
AE
Hello Guys,

I have limited knowledge when it comes to Avaya, and configuring it though its manager, but setting up an auto attendant must be easy!

I have assigned a time profile for the AA to be active, and I have set up a new AA:eek:ut of hours , the manager provided me with a code so that I use to record my message to people calling after hours, everytime I hit that code *8340 it takes me to Avaya built in voice, saying press 1 for hearing the message and press 2 for recording a new message, and I press 2 then the line drops!!

Is there something wrong I am doing here? AVAYA EXPERTS! where are you! Help!

On the auto attendant, the *8401, *8402, *8403 are for morning / afternoon / evening, based on a time profile you would create and add in the drop down menu.

If you want to have someone hear "Welcome to Leo Pluridon Construction. Press 1 for Fred, 2 for Barney, 3 for Wilma, you need to do that under the menu option *8404.

The * codes will change if you have more than one autoattendant. I am assuming from your post, you only have one?

Regards

Hey azrael2000,

I just created this one Auto Attendant, and thank you so much for the clarifications you made above, all my time profiles are in order, and I have specified them in the drop down under Time Profile

I have 4 shortcodes as you specified, I used the fourth *8404 to try to record something like the massage you gave an example "Welcome to Leo Pluridon Construction...
But I am getting the line dropped after I press 2 to record a new message..

do you think hardware related? I have a single system sd card in our Avaya appliance just so that you know..

It might be hardware related... you could try another phone on another card.

As a note, if you go to record a greeting or a message and it is shorter than 3 seconds, it doesn't register.

I suspect the it's hardware too, it is not allowing me to start recording at all! I wish if I can make it to 3 seconds. Thank you for all your help so far, you are an awesome human being

You might, just for giggles, want to reboot your IPO. Might do something; might not, but for the two minutes it takes, tis'nt a big deal!

Sounds more like a SD Card issue. Seems like it is write protected, so that you can't save the recording.

Which IPO release do you use? Did you check the write protection switch at the SD Card?

hey derfloh,

IP 500 V2 7.0 , that's an interesting way to look at it, but I have checked and it is not locked

But you make sense, it is like I can't save to the SD card

I think in R7 there had been some issues that SD Cards became write protected caused by IPO firmware. I'm pretty sure other guys here know which releases had these problems.

Have you checked the option to allow recording for the AA .
There is a box in the menu to prevent people overriding the recording.

Usually on default it allows you to record from the phone.

Hello snowman50,

yes I have checked that box, "enable local recording", thank you for joining in.

Funny, yesterday I had a R7.0 system not allowing upload of files to the unlocked SD card.
Solution: Format & recreate.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hello Gunnaro,
I don't want to mess up our configurations, how sure are you of this approach [afro]

In my case I'm 100% sure, it solved the issue.
When it comes to your system, I can't give any guarantee. (But it's a fair chance it does).

If you don't know how it's done, it's time to read up on the subject or hire one that does.

Short version:
- Make sure you have a copy of the config.cfg that you paste back to the SD after format & recreate.
- Use the latest R7.0 version (36?) to recreate, it will automatically upgrade the system on reboot.
- You got two hours to do this before the IPO takes action, shutting down licensed services.
- Don't reboot the system before you're certain that you got it right.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back