Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib1506

Technical User
Aug 21, 2008
IE
Hi All ,has anyone ever had this problem .
Menu Node mailbox with Supervised Transfer enabled on MCD 4.2
The problem is that if the caller dials a Menu option (say 1) that goes to a ring group and then hangs up before the call is answered ,the phones will keeping ringing in the ring group until it times out or goes to voicemail ,it has nothing to do with ring groups as it happens with just an IP set as well.This happens also if you ring the Menu mailbox internally so you can rule out trunk dissconnect timers etc .
I have tried different timers but the only way i can it to stop is turn off supervised Transfer but the customer has MOH with advertisement messages and wants his messages Heard.

You could turn on MOH on Transfer option in COS instead of Supervised transfer.

Select "Yes" to apply Music on Hold instead of ringback to inbound trunk calls that are transferred.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks kwbmitel , that's a COS option I haven't used b4 ,I suppose it should work on Sip Trunks as well .I don't remember this diconnect problem on earlier versions of 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back