Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt27

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2009
US
Our auto attendant does not answer all of the time. Why is this and how do I fix it? I made a few changes a while back: I disabled the GD mailbox and programmed some call forwards on some phones. It was working fine, so I thought, now AA sometimes picks up and sometimes it just keeps ringing. We have a Nortel Modular ICS. Where can I start to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance

What version of voice mail? Regardless of make/model, it sounds to me like lack of channels on voicemail. If you have a Flash 2 then your voice mail can handle 2 users at once so if you have 2 people checking their messages and a call rings in the voicemail won't (can't) answer because the 2 channels are already in use. If this happens often then you should upgrade your voicemail to a unit with more channels.

I don't think it's a channel issue, but you never know. The system has been working great up until yesterday. I think it is a roll over problem. Where can I go to check the AA to see if I can view the roll over numbers or is that something that has to be done on the telephone company side?

Thanks

look at lines in AA make sure all the trunks in your hunt group are set to answer with the greeting table you want.

You've got a Call Pilot, so there are either 4 or 8 channels. If it's a 100, make sure a live extension is wired to each rj11 jack on the CP. If it's a 150, make sure 2 extensions are wired to each jack on the CP.

The calls that aren't being answered by AA- what's the caller hearing? Is it even ringing into the system?

Finally heard back from Verizon and seems that they had a bad connection on our main number in their central office.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back