Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

emendez

Programmer
May 28, 2008
MX
Hi everyone:
I need configure an auto attendant, I have an IPO 500 with Voice Mail Pro, Could you help me to know how configure 1 Auto Attendant?

Tanks

**Respectful voice on**

Yes, Ring your Support people.

Either that or if you take 5 minutes to right down your requirements and jot them down in a reply to actually let peolple know of your requirements.

You should get some responses.

**Respectful voice off**

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

My request is the next:
1.- Welcome message
then the message --if know the extension number press now if not press 1 for sales , press 2 for support, press 3 for send fax, press 0 to talk with an operator.
the message will be repeat 2 times.

Tanks for your help

@providerpatched

love it

@emendez

start point connects to a menu. in the menu set your extn range in touch tones, set 1, 2 ,3 as touch tones.

bear in mind that if your extns begin with a 1 2 or 3 then you nwill need to use different numbers

hang the transfer actions off of the back of those.

sorry if thats a lazy reply but its getting late

Just building on TomMills' response,the '3' option is not required. From the Specific Tab of the Menu action add an 'F' capability. This will then allow the Menu action to listen for a Fax tone and follow the 'F' path of the Menu. If the F path is then connected to a transfer action routing the call to the fax server, this can be taken care of automatically.
Regarding the number range assuming the extn range is a 4 digit one that does not start with a 0, 1 or 2 (assuming these are used as already suggested) then add ???? to the specific tab of Menu, then attach the exit from this to a transfer action with a target of '$Key' the Voicemail will attempt a transfer to the number entered by the caller. I believe V4.2 allows the value of $Key to be tested against for validity as an extn which would allow the test be made before attempting a transfer.
mmm too much waffle I think, but hopefully of use.

Tanks TomMills and TaureanDragon. I set two modules for test according to your comments but I don’t know how can I configure my IP Office so that incoming calls from my trunk group will be answered by my new auto attendant.

create a shortcode called "Attendant" in the phone system and send it voicemail node (number is also Attendant) then create a shortcode called exactly the same in the phone system and that gives you the startpoint from which you can point to the module by either creating a goto action and send that to the module or just drag and drop it in. point you incoming call route to the shortcode, you have to type it into the destination field because shortcodes don't appear on the dropdown menu

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back