Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto attendant use with night service key

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdGaillard

Technical User
Oct 20, 2004
US
Having problems getting auto attendant to flow properly depending on what time it is. Here goes, any help would be appriciated.

Office opens at 8:30am M-F. Closes at 12:00 pm till 1:00pm M- F for lunch. would like receptionist to press service key and have lunch time greeting play.

Office closes for day at 4:00pm M - F and all day Sat and Sun. Need to have business closed greeting play when service key is pressed. This must go through CCR tree that xfers to a guest Info mailbox since greeting changes on a daily basis depending who is on call.

I don't have a problem with the greetings just getting it to operate according to the time schedule.
could someone possibly draw up a little senerio for me as a template for me to go on.

Thanks

OK
First do not think that the pushing of the night button controls the greeting you hear unless you are using the built in AA on the CICS (It dosen't sound like you are since you are refering to mailbox's also"

this assumes you have recorded your AA greetings with
Greeting 1 Regular business recording
Greeting 2 Closed for lunch
Greeting 3 Unused
Greeting 4 Business closed

set Greetings in AA
Morning: 1
afternoon: 2
evening: 1
non-business: 4

Mo Morn 830 am
Mon Aftn: 1200 pm
Mon eve: 1 pm
Mon NB: 4 pm

Tue thru fri same times

Sat Morn: 1200AM
sat aftn: 1200AM
sat eve: 1200 AM
Sat NB: 1201AM

Sunday same

this changes the times that the greetings play but remember that when the attendent sets the system to night it will play what the time has been programmed to. so if the receptionist leaves early or gets back late the open greeting will play so you may want to adjust the times to cover a little overlap.

Mind like a Steel trap - Once used forever clamped shut.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Just reiterating what Jerry said: The service key has nothing to do with what greeting plays. The service key only causes the voice mail to pick up immediately (in your case.) The greeting that plays is dependent on how the VM is programmed (always.)

Thanks for all your help. I will give it a shot. thanks again

Thats why u need vendors call a vendor for things like that.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back