Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant Sporadic Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatcristorey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2009
US
Hi all --

I've been fighting with this for a while, and have literally no idea what to try next. My system is a MICS 4.1 with a NAM on a PRI. I have been having a problem for about five months where the auto attendant doesn't play after picking up, and instead there is sort of a clicking, mechanical silence on the line. It sounds as if a fax machine is trying to pick up, but not exactly. About 50% of the time, the auto attendant will play, and about 50% of the time it won't, and the silence happens. The line gets picked up after six rings regardless, it just is a coinflip as to whether you get a voice on the line or some sort of static.

Any ideas?

-Have you checked to see you have enough NAM channel key codes to answer the calls?
-Have you tried another greeting number?
-Have you shortened the ring count (6 is kinda high/long)
-Have you tested using other target lines (DID's)
-Have you done a REINSTALL (factory reset and reprogram)?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just wanted to post a follow-up to this for anyone who may be in the same boat as I was and comes across this post. After looking at lots of options (trying new greetings, new CCR trees, schedules, etc.), I found one that appears to have been the issue.

Line XXX -> Telco Features -> Voice Message Center. That was set to "Center 1", which appears to be a setting / option for outside voicemail services. I changed it to "None" on the main line, and all has been fine ever since. I'm not quite sure how this issue arose, given that I didn't change it to "Center 1" in the first place, but I'm wondering if the absent value in Center 1 under Telco Features might have been part of the issue. Either way, things seem to be working again.

One last update in case anyone comes across this thread in the future, looking for a solution to the same issue I had. I thought I had this licked, but then discovered a few weeks later it still wasn't resolved.

Turns out, it was the FastRAD picking up. Someone suggested that to me today, and sure enough, the RAD was set to pick up automatically. As soon as I turned that off, everything worked fine. Not quite sure why it was picking up all calls, but that doesn't matter -- I turned it off and *poof*, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back