Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant routing with Flash 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earls56

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
Here is my situation:

I have a Norstar 8x24 DR5. I just installed a new (refurbished) Flash voicemail system. The Flash is working and mailboxes built. Presently the Norstar has six lines in it. Four lines are for one group and two lines are for the second group. The lines now appear on all the sets basically, a square key system. Now this is what needs to be done:

Have the Flash Auto Attendant pick up all lines. Give the options to dial the extensions, dial by name, or press ‘2’ for Group A, or Press ‘3’ for Group B. Then I need the Flash to route the call to where the customer selected.

Sample Menu:

“Thank you for calling the McLean District. If you know your party’s extension you can dial it at any time. If you want ABC press ‘2’. If you want DEF press ‘3’. Press ‘#’ if you want to use the company directory. If you are on a rotary phone please hold and someone will answer you shortly”

Group A – which has the first four lines – to ring on about six phones
Group B – which has the last two lines - to ring on about four phones

Now, do I need to take all the lines off the phones and direct the lines to the Flash? Do I need to set up Target lines for the ring on several phones for each group? In my reading, I think I saw where I don’t have Target default numbers (for 8x24). Will ‘081’ to ‘086’ work for Target DN’s if I need them? Do I need to make sure all phones have two Intercom Lines. They currently have only one. I read where it was just mainly for conferencing. I’ve always seen two Intercom buttons on Norstar phones.

What is the best way to set this up to get it working right?

One last thing, on my Flash I have two RJ11 Jacks, 2 & 4. Are these two lines each, i.e. the one labled ‘2’ has two port on it (w/bl-bl/w and w/o-o/w)? My line cord only have the one pair. I plugged in the first one ‘2’ into my extension 257 for Flash mail. I plugged the second on into ‘4’ for extension 258. I thought that was for the second port for Flash. The second one gives a busy signal when dialed. How do I tell the system it is for the Flash system also?

I have looked over the Flash documentation & Norstar documentation and neither one talks about the actual integration of the two. They only deal with their respective systems.

I need this info tonight so I can wrap up this job.

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Earl

you need to prog aa and ccr if its available...vm is usuall a 1 port 2 channel unless there is a 4 channel expansion card installed" bottom 1/2 pops out ..when in f983 is there an option for AA and other...other take u to ccr tree...ccr tree will only go 2 deep"menu with 1 sub menu" again if it is not a vm only flash

I have both AA and CCR. I can program them. The other side is the Norstar. Do I have to do anything about that side of it.

Let's say I tell the AA to take line 4. Now if I call line 4, why does it still ring on the stations. The employees are going to pick it up before AA, if AA picks it up at all.

Also on the Flash, I understand about the additional card. I see where that would go. So, I have a two port system. Now how do I get the Flash and/or the Norstar to see the second port. When I call the second one (x258) I get a busy. It is plugged into the RJ11 labeled '4' on the FLASH.

under operator status must say yes to answer lines..aa lines sshould be set to 0 rings"will still ring or blip its on set as APPEAR/RING"..there is a A & B channel on each port 1 station port has 2 channels

Thank you for responding. I did get some phone support. My company contacted another company we do business with and the tech helped me out a lot.

Thank you again.

Extension numbers mean nothing,Flash uses the pilot number that can be found with f 985. If you have two companies, set the tables to answer the specific lines. Take all ringing off of all sets and let the AA answer the calls, if you have call display, set the AA to answer after two rings.
Set up your tables to go to seperate CCR trees with different greetings, then give your different options to the caller. Assign the table number to answer under lines within the vmail admin.

Phoneguy - Thank you.

I had to take the lines off the phones because the AA would not send the calls to the Answer DN if the line appeared on the phones. I reconfigured all the phones involved to use the Answer DN for incoming and Pool dial access for out going.

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back