Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant Pickup time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcox303

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
Having major difficulty changing the amount of rings before the AA picks up. Currently set to 4 rings. Legend w/ MM R3. Have read and read, no luck. Thanks in advance!

How is the Auto-Attendant assigned? Is it an extension? Is this POTS lines or a PRI with DID's?

If it is POTS lines then you would make the AA extension principal user of the lines and then go under Extensions, Cover Delay, Primary, and change the number of rings for that extension before it picks up.

If it is a PRI with DID's and the AA is a DID extension, you do not need to assign the lines as principal user, you can just go to Extensions, Cover Delay, Primary, and change the number of rings before it answers.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm a little green when it comes to telco stuff. Here's what I have. 1 enclosure with 408GLS/LS-MLX cards, 1 016 and 1 007MLM 6 port card. We have a T1 that terminates from the DSU to the 408 cards. I don't know if you would call this PRI or pots. Also one receptionist station with a DLC console. Thanks again.

The lines going into the PBX are seen as analog lines. You need to find out what extension is the auto-attendant extension. Most times it is assigned as extension 7300. If you go to System Program, Exit (or Start depending upon release), then Extensions, More, More again, then Cover Delay, enter the extension to change (7300 in this example), then Primary and enter, then you can change the number of rings and enter.

The important part is finding out what extension is programmed as your auto-attendant. If you log-in as administrator to your voicemail and then go to mailboxes and enter 7300, see if it exists as auto-attendant 1.

Ok, it is 7300. Thank you!! Have one other issue. When you hit 0 or time out to go to the operator, Ext 500, it loops back to the AA and never rings the receptionist. What setting would that be? Thanks!

Log-in as administrator in voicemail. Choose option 3 for auto-attendants. Choose 1 for AA 1 (if it is an option). Choose 1 for the Day menu. Choose 6 to modify the menu. It then asks for a selector code between 1 and 9. Depending upon your release, it will also prompt for the dial-0 and timeout action at that time as well. If it does, choose 0 and then change the option to transfer to an extension and enter extension 500 as the extension. You must then press *# and then when it asks to record a new greeting, press # again and it will save the change as well as save the current greeting.

If the dial-0 option doesn't prompt after it asks for a selector code between 1 and 9, Press *#. It will then go over how the current dial-0 option is set-up and ask if you want to change it. Once you have changed it to transfer to ext. 500, Press *# and then # again when it prompts to record a new greeting.

Still have the same problem. It was set to the call answer service operator, which was set to 500 too. Changing the 0 option to transfer to 500 has the same effect. No ring, just starts playing the AA. Now I know why I stick to networks! Again, thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back